Friday, July 13, 2012

Pin Worthy-Harvest Grains Salad

I've been trying some of the recipes I have "Pinned" on Pinterest. I bought some Harvest Grains at Trader Joe's and decided to do a search for recipes containing the Harvest Grains.

{image via here}

These are not really grains-- they are more of a mix of small pastas, quinoa and such. Very delicious, I must say. A nice variety of texture.

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.



I did not have jalapenos, so I subbed sriracha. I also added some citrus vinegar. I opted not to use the cucumber boat vessel--instead I chopped the cucumber and added it to the salad.





It was delicious! I've since made it for a potluck adding avocado and it was a hit.
Head here for the original recipe: 

Pinning Success! 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to enjoy the results of Lisa's test. I can verify that the salad was delicious the first time I had and really good as left overs.